Personally, I feel like there are many purposes of school. I think that the overall purpose of our country's public school system is to give children an equal opportunity of education. Even though learning the basis of English, Science, Math, and Social Studies are important, children get so much more from school. School is more than just test scores. Children spend a majority of their lives in the classroom. Because of this, children's lives are shaped by the school and everything inside of it. As a student myself I realize that one takes away more than just the course content when they spend an ample amount of time in a classroom. I have learned so much from my teachers and fellow classmates from just sharing different perspectives and opinions. They have either opened my eyes to something new or reaffirmed my own opinions. I have also learned from the mistakes that I made throughout school. Learning from mistakes in school and trying to be a better student has helped me to learn from my mistakes outside of school to become a better person. Theres are just some of the things that I have learned things in school that have made me in the person I am today. I think the underlying purpose of school that is not talked about enough by our government is the to learn lessons and values that will help children as they go through life and to have the support of their teachers and peers to help them along the way.
I do agree that students to learn more than the basics of knowledge within school because they also learn about social skills within public school. The diversity within public school is something that most private education do not have, which is sad to say. The benefit of having classmates of different backgrounds is something that the government should acknowledge and celebrate because it also represents the diversity within this country.
ReplyDeleteHi Sydney! I also agree that it is important for all students to have an equal opportunity of education. It is important that everyone is educated, no matter what their background is. Diversity is extremely important and everyone deserves to be treated equally! I also agree that the purpose of school is for children to learn lessons that will help them later on in life. Overall, you did a great job on your blog post!
ReplyDelete